Friday, August 29, 2008

Here's the scoop...

Ok, so I knew no one would really get it, but I wanted to see if you would comment and what you would come up with. Those with dairy guesses were the closest. It was yogurt. YUM! But not just any yogurt, folks, this was Peruvian yogurt. The water ran off once the bottle was broken, leaving the solid clump in there. That package was a MESS inside. I'm not sure if the receiver was more embarrassed or disappointed. She evidently loves herself some Peruvian yogurt. Case closed.

We will be off line for the weekend. One of our assignments is to spend a weekend without electricity and cooking from scratch. This is the weekend. The only exception to the electricity is that we can use the stovetop - propane stovetop would likely be available even if we were without electricity. They aren't into us cooking over an open flame here. Shucks...I was feeling up to it. So, when you enjoy your pre-packaged meal, your TV and microwave popcorn, your hair dryer, lunch at Chick-Fil-A, your Diet Coke (Teri Gray), an ice cream and a warm shower, think of us. Eat your heart out, we're filling up on fruits and veggies and going to bed shortly after sundown. Hope you enjoy it - we plan to.

Keep the comments coming - they are very encouraging.

4 comments:

lisaqshay said...

Glad to see I was in the milk dept and not too far off.

Anyways...yes, I will be thinking of ya'll when I'm using and consuming all my modern conveniences. I'm so glad the Lord sent YOU. hee hee

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear how the "weekend with no power" turns out! Sounds like it will be quite a learning experience! Hang in there - praying for all of you!!!
David and Lisa

Nancy said...

Hey Guys,
Sorry I didn't get in on the guessing. Just catching up on your blog now so my guess is that it is let's see.... some kind of yogurt? Well you didn't put a deadline to this thing.
I miss you guys. I'm glad you are adjusting to communal life. Bonsoir mes amies.
God bless

Marriage Journey Class said...

Isn't commenting on someone's post who doesn't have electricity sort of like making a TV commmercial geared toward the Amish?