Tuesday, August 12, 2008

1 week down 7 more to go

Well - week 1 is over. It has been an amazing time - not without some transition, but God is faithful. I will try to touch on some of the highlights so far. Friday we had a personal retreat - it was 2 hours of uninterrupted time alone with the Lord. I had never really done that before - I wasn't quite sure of what to do with that much time, but one thing for sure was that God showed up! Both Ron and I had an amazing time just sitting at His feet. God really showed me how spiritually dry I was. One of our assignments is to pick 6 verses of scripture to memorize while we are here and during our retreat time - God led Ron and I to pick the same passage of scripture. We are going to memorize John 15:1-11 for me and Ron is going to 17. One of the teachers really focused in on abiding in Him and then the truth of "apart from Him we can do nothing". That is our prayer - that we try to do nothing apart from the Lord.

For the past 2 days Dr. Rankin has spoken and it has been amazing. He has so challenged us in many ways - working through Romans and 1 Peter. God is challenging us to grow in so many ways. Before coming here our thought was that this training was about being a better missionary, but really it is about our connecting with our Savior in an intimate way - go figure!

Some ways to pray - my (Chris) asthma is really flaring up here and our allergies are crazy.

We miss you tons!

1 comment:

From the Hartman Family... said...

We are praying for you guys and thinking of you often! How awesome to hear what God is teaching you these past few days! Tell the kids "hi" from us!