Friday, September 12, 2008

Sorry

Sorry to all of you who check the blog - we haven't had much time for a update. But here goes trying to catch you up on all of the things going on. We have around 20 days before we head over to Africa. We are excited, but still have many things to accomplish before we go. There are still many details to work out. The kids are still having a lot of fun. They will shed many tears over the friends that they have made here. Tomorrow they have their "airport day". This is where they have created a mock airport and will practice travelling with their suitcases and passports and dealing with the custom officers. They are looking forward to it. We have our last day of security training. It has been a stressful 3 days. They roleplay many situations to prepare us for the "we pray it never happens" type of events.

Over the past week we have had many great teachers and have gleaned much. Dr. Tom Elliff spoke about the different doctrines. Some of the cool things he said were: "We don't pray to get God's attention, we pray because we have God's attention". I thought that was an awesome thought. Another thought he shared was: "we need to get to the point where all we want is simply all He wants for our lives". That is something that really made me think.

We recently sent out an email update as well - if you did not get that and want to get it, please comment and we will add you to our updates. We are humbled by how many people are reading our blog and thank you for praying for our family. Please join us in praying for a friend of ours: Janice Chance whose son Jesse was killed in Afghanistan on Tuesday.

6 comments:

South Dakota Mission Team said...

So great to hear from you! I am full of excitement about how God is going to use you in Africa. I look forward to all the updates and to watching Faith grow in more ways that most kids can even imagine. Praise the Lord for your faithfulness to Him!

In His Grip,
Heather Skinner

Marlene said...

My name is Marlene Boothe and I teach in the preschool here at ILC. I found your blog the other day through someone else's blog and bookmarked it to check out later, now I can't remember whose blog it was that led me to yours but...oh well! It may have been through the Foreman or Reynolds family, they both serve in Dakar. I've been to West Africa 3 times on volunteer trips so I have a love for the people and m's that serve there. I'd love to be put on your update. I don't get out of the preschool building much so I may never meet you but I'll be praying for y'all as you finish FPO and say good-byes..I KNOW how hard that is, I do it 4 times a year! Blessings!
Marlene Boothe
mboothe04@gmail.com

Marlene said...

Oh...I just found the connection of how I found your blog, it was from the Gillen family! Their son, Jacob, was in my class this last FPO and what a sweetie, he was one of my favorites!
Marlene Boothe

Marlene said...

OOPS! You're going to think I'm crazy...it was the Nelson's, their son Cade was in my class and also a cutie!! Both of those families are in language in Costa Rica and I got them mixed up! Sorry!

Nancy said...

Hey Millenders
I really miss you guys and am so excited for you all to be on this great adventure. Aren't we all on a great adventure though. Yours is just taking you so far away. Hope I get to see you before you go. No baby yet, so we'll see.
Love you all
Hi Zach, Luke & Faith

Anonymous said...

griesegang@hotmail.com