Tuesday, September 1, 2009

It's Official

It is official! I am officially over the rainy season. I know all the reasons that the rainy season is important and I am sure that when corn or some other yummy vegetable comes available I will be happy that we had such a great rainy season. But right now I am over it. Rain equates to mud and mosquitoes. I love watching they guys play football in the water and mud, but don’t enjoy the nasty, wet, muddy clothes!

With the rainy season and hot season have come power cuts. I am officially over that as well. Yesterday we had less hours of power than we had power. That is not fun. Trying to get dinner on the table for 20 people with no electricity - no fun! But we made the best of it and all were fed and happy.

At one point after several hours of darkness - I shouted "I am over this" - shocking, nothing changed. But I did feel better after sharing.

I am not sure what my official declaration means, but I felt I needed to share. Right now as I am typing this, probably to spite me, the power just went out. Ugh.

We are told this will only last until November. Every day I say, we are going to get a generator. But I say this as we sit in the dark yet another night - we don't want to spend the money for such a short period of time, but I don't know if I can hold out! Arrgghh!

No comments: