Monday, January 18, 2010

Keeping things in perspective

We all have disappointments, heartaches, annoyances and other less desirable things in our life that we deal with on a day to day basis. But this week I have been trying to keep those things in perspective with those in Haiti dealing with their unbelievable trials of life. It is hard to fathom the things that are happening over there. We know missionaries there and are reading the tidbits from their blog and can't imagine the things their eyes have seen. All we can do from this side is pray and ask God for ease of their suffering, a glimpse of His Son and provision for their needs.

But, if you are looking for a good place to donate, please check out www.livesayhaiti.blogspot.com to read about their ministry in Haiti.

We love you Troy and Tara and praise God for your work! Keep hanging tough!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hi there! i just read through some of your blog and wanted to say hello. i live in richmond, va... wondering if that's the richmond you referred to in some pictures i saw. i was very fortunate to be able to work in macina with a ghanian physician and missionary, many years ago. i love the people of west africa. i'm afraid i don't know any wolof but if you remember any of your bamanankan/bambara - i ni wula, i ka kene? i learned all of my bambara from little children in bamako & macina. i hope to go back to west africa one day.

amen to your prayers for the people in haiti. praying from here as well.

thanks for sharing your experiences. your blog touches my heart deeply.

in him,
tracy

Kristine said...

Hi,
I actually found your blog from the Livesay's. We are praying for them, and are happy to pray for you too.
I have a heart for Africa and two of our children are from Africa!
Missions is always on our hearts.
Look forward to following your journey...

Kristine

Mark and Wendy said...

Hi! I found your blog through the Livesays, and since I've been to West Africa, your blog link caught my eye. Imagine my surprise to see that you are in Dakar...I spent the summer in Senegal nearly 20 years ago. (Wow. Typing that made me feel really old). I enjoyed reading about your adventures!